Address : Collectorate Campus,
Thoothukudi – 628 101.
Phone No.: 0461-2324400
Fax No.: 0461-2324402
E-Mail : dtotut[dot]tndta[at]nic[dot]in
The District Treasury Office functioning along with 9 Sub-Treasuries in each taluks as follows:
The District office is headed by District Treasury Officer, Additional Treasury Officer and Assistant Treasury Officer are the 2nd level officers for the smooth functioning of Treasury, Sub Treasuries are headed by Assistant Treasury Officer. The Treasury is divided into various sections and each section having Accountants and a Superintendent. Sub Treasuries having Additional Sub Treasury Officer and adequate staff members.
- Disbursement of salaries and other benefits to the serving Government staff
- Disbursement of pension to the various categories of pensioners
- Payment to various Agencies/individuals towards works/supplies/services rendered etc., and towards refunds
- Collection of remittances on behalf of the Government
- Sale of all kinds of stamps Judicial/Non Judicial and Revenue stamps
- Compliation of accounts and rendering of the same to the Accountant General and generating day to day receipts and payments status of the Government
- Safe custody of Articles and maintain the inventory of the same
- ProvidingArrangements to being implementation of the Tamilnadu Government employees and pensioners to the New Health Insurance Schemes (NHIS)
- We are currently using Automated Treasury Bill Passing System (ATBPS) software and e-pension software and taken care of our Thoothukudi e-payroll system for the Drawing and Disbursing Officers
- We are maintaining and forwarding Contributory Pension Scheme
- Aadhaar Number of the Government Employees and pensioners are entered in to our software
- Our Sponsored banks are received the cash through the Challan and Cheques for the purpose of government transaction for treasuries
- Our Treasury Unit being goanna be brought into the structure of on-line and reducing time delay and burden to all of the staffs which implementing by IFHRMS project
E-GOVERNANCE OF OUR TRESURY DEPARTMENT
Government may consider sanctioning a post of Chief System Analyst, a Programmer and 1 Assistant Programmer in the Office of the Director of Treasuries and Accounts. Similarly for each District, one post of Analyst can be created to look after the network and other day to day hardware problems in the District.